Sunday, January 2, 2011

"So everybody put your best suit or dress on. Let's make believe that we are wealthy for just this once."

Well, 2011 has ruled so far. Maybe that's a bit of a premature assessment, but I can only imagine if God has done so much in one day, that the entire year will be packed with greatness. Bad too, of course, but lots of great.

I thought I'd share with you some resolutions I've made for this year. (Stereotypical, I know, but maybe I'll follow them a bit more closely if I actually write them out. I'll feel more compelled to stick to them, also, if I feel that there are other people potentially holding me accountable.)

Superficial Resolutions:
Drink more water.
Eat healthier.
Exercise.
Move out of my parents' house.

Meaningful Resolutions:
Overall, to grow closer to God. To build a better, less fleeting relationship.
Read the Bible in a year.
Overcome some of my everyday, unfounded fears.
Be more willing to share my faith.

So there they are. Nothing exceptionally profound, but they are all things that I need to work on, and then some. Hope everyone had a great New Year's and continues to have a beautiful, blessed year. ♥


30 DAY MUSIC CHALLENGE
Click here to see the entire list.

Day 9 - A song that you can fall asleep to:

I'd have to say M83's entire CD, Before The Dawn Heals Us, but in particular the songs Moonchild and Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun. It's hard for me to explain the feeling they give, almost ethereal. Listen for yourself. I dare you to not fall in love.





2 comments: