Thursday, November 18, 2010

"We gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do."

"And then the day came, when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to Blossom." ~Anais Nin

I made a point to tuck this away in the corners of my mind when I first read it, knowing that some day it would be relevant. Today is that day.

I have no desire to do anything with my professional life other than sing. I come from a very small town and making that a reality, while stuck here, is virtually impossible. I need to branch out, save some money, move out of this town, make a name for myself... I feel like the ability to sing, on its own, isn't enough so I've decided to teach myself to play the piano. I played clarinet when I was younger, and was in choir for years, so I feel like I have a strong enough foundation (I hope) to be able to do so. I did some searching on Amazon and found a nice, cheap keyboard that should be perfect for a beginner. It's nothing fancy, but I'm not going to spend a couple grand (that I don't even have) on something that I might not even be good at. Learning to play is something that I've always wanted to do, anyway, so I'm pretty pumped about the whole thing.

I put in an application this morning at one of the banks in town so I'll be doing some major praying that I get the spot, if it's His will. I make next to nothing at my current job, so if I ever want to save up some cash and get the heck out of this town, having a different job is almost necessary. It's funny when you start to see things fall into place after finally listening to the things that God's been screaming at you for a while, things that you have been too stubborn and untrusting to listen to.

I guess I didn't really have anything witty to say tonight. (Oh my gosh, I hope you think that I'm at least sometimes witty, and that I didn't just make a complete idiot out of myself.) I just thought I'd share some of what's been going on with me for the past few days.

IN OTHER NEWS...
I've decided to do a 30 Day Blog Challenge. Not one of those boring, grown-up ones, but a fun music one. It's a pretty daunting task, but I think I'm up for the challenge.

30 DAY MUSIC CHALLENGE

Day 01 – Your favorite song:
Day 02 – Your least favorite song
Day 03 – A song that makes you happy
Day 04 – A song that makes you sad
Day 05 – A song that reminds you of someone:
Day 06 – A song that reminds of you of somewhere:
Day 07 – A song that reminds you of a certain event:
Day 08 – A song that you know all the words to:
Day 09 – A song that you can fall asleep to:
Day 10 – A song that makes you fall asleep:
Day 11 – A song from your favorite band:
Day 12 – A song from a band you hate:
Day 13 – A song that is a guilty pleasure:
Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 15 – A song that describes you:
Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate:
Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio:
Day 18 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio:
Day 19 – A song from your favorite album:
Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry:
Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy:
Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad:
Day 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding:
Day 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral:
Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh:
Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument:
Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play:
Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty:
Day 29 – A song from your childhood:
Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year:

There's no better time than the present, so here goes nothing.

Day 1 - Your favorite song:

Ha! As if I could choose only one! I do have a few songs, though, that have stood the test of time, songs that give that brief moment of ecstasy when they first come on. They're not always my current favorite, but I never get sick of hearing them. So, in no particular order, three of my all-time favorite songs:













Ok, I couldn't help myself. One more for the road:


6 comments:

  1. Where do you think you might move to? Enjoy the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don`t care as long as it`s not here. I live in such a small town. One stop light, absolutely nothing to do ever, everyone knows everyone, drama drama drama... I`m over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom was always very distressed that Jermaine Stewart thinks he needs cherry wine (uh-huh!) to have a good time. I think she'd prefer that he take his clothes off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cherry wine! I can't believe that never dawned on me. My dirty mind must be on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I came across your blog through someone's blog roll somewhere along the way and thought I'd just tell you that this is an awesome challenge! I've seen some music and ipod challenges around the web before but I really like this one. I'm not sure where you got it but I'm going to steal it from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Steal away! I stole it from someone random, too. :)

    ReplyDelete